Sat, May 29|
Port City Showdown
Sales Have Ended Registrations Are Closed Sorry, registration is now closed for the 2021 Port City Showdown. Welcome to Saint John's first Powerlifting event with NBPL. The 2021 Port City Showdown
Time & Location
May 29, 2021, 6:00 a.m.
Saint John, 55 Bentley St Unit 4, Saint John, NB E2K 1B2, Canada
About the Event
The New Brunswick Powerlifting Association is pleased to announce that our 1st ever event hosted by Fundy Powerlifting at Fundy CrossFit. With a return to "Yellow Phase" some restrictions being lifted in the Maritimes we are lucky to be in this position. With that being said this meet will be similar to our 2020 Provincials with heightened safety protocol in place to ensure the safety of our lifters, volunteers, and community.
COVID-19 Safety Requirements
- There will be no spectators for this event (The event will be live streamed).
- Everyone entering the facility must be registered online with contact information. This includes coaches, handlers, volunteers, etc.
- Everyone entering the facility must sanitize their hands and wear a face mask. We will be providing sanitizer and masks for everyone or you can use your own. Athletes will be able to remove their masks when they are in the warmup areas and on main platform when competing. All other individuals (volunteers, refs, handlers, coaches) will continue wearing masks during the event and athletes will wear masks for weigh-ins and registration.
- Temperature checks will be taken when entering the facility. Anyone with a temperature over 38°C will not be permitted in the facility.
- Spotters , Loaders, and Head Table card handlers will be required to face masks. These will be provided.
- Flights of lifters will remain together throughout the event and will not be allowed in the warm-up area when another flight is active. During each active session each flight will be directed on where they should be. Coaches and handlers can work with different flights as they continue to wear masks.
- Between each flight there will be a 5 minute break to sanitize the competition platform with commercial grade equipment and solutions.
- As soon as each flight starts the warmup areas equipment will be sanitized so the next flight can commence warming up.
- There is a cap of 50 lifters for 3-Lift and 5 for Bench-Only we can maintain proper capacity. There is also no option for competing in both events.
- New Brunswick members will have an opportunity to register first starting April 1st, then on April 15th CPU members from within the "Maritime Bubble" will be allowed to register. Our priority first is to provide opportunity for our NB lifters and considering this is the only meet we have had this year we feel compelled to do so. With that being said, we feel with our member numbers and the interest we have had with other provinces we should have enough room for those ready to compete.
* Please note these requirements are subject to change as this is our first time implementing these types of restrictions. At the end of the day, the safest practical solution that benefits all athletes will be taken.
All age groups: Sub-Junior, Junior, Open, and Masters
3-Lift and Bench Only events in both Raw and Equipped
This is a Drug-Tested lifting event sanctioned by the Canadian Powerlifting Union.
Registration Closes April 30th.
There are two opportunities to get rack heights, the night before the meet at the venue and early morning the day of the meet before morning weigh-ins. If you are competing in Bench-Only we will also have the rack available during the deadlift event of the main morning session.
You must be present during the weigh in. If not you are not you are placed in the back of the line. If you are not present once the weigh in reaches the end of the line you will not be able to lift.
During weigh in you must have the following items ready:
- Photo ID
- CPU Card (digital on phone is acceptable)
- True Sport Drug-Free Certificate (digital on phone is acceptable)
- Opening attempts in kg and your rack heights.
- 6:30 PM Event Setup (Volunteers)
- 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM Rack Heights (Lifters & Coaches)
- 6:00 AM Doors Open
- Morning Session Registration and Equipment Check
- 7:00 AM Morning Session Weigh-ins Begin
- 9:00 AM Morning Session Lifting Starts
- 11:30 AM Morning Session Awards Presentation
- 12:00 PM Morning Session Leaves the Venue
Platform And Equipment Full Sanitization
- 12:00 PM Afternoon Session Enters the Venue
- Afternoon Session Weigh-in Starts
- Afternoon Session Registration and Equipment Check
- 2:00 PM Afternoon Session Lifting Starts
- 5:30 PM Afternoon Session Awards Presentation
- 6:00 PM Teardown
Actual finish times may vary as usual depending on how fast the meet is flowing. If there is any changes to these times they will be announced during the meet and if we know beforehand by email/online. Good luck with final prep!