National Championship Information
The CPU National Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships is a yearly event that showcases and crowns Canada's best powerlifters and benchers. Winners of these events go on to compete at IPF International Championship events for Team Canada!
The next National Championship will be held Feburary 13-18 in Richmond, BC under the guidance of Gabe and Bette Festing as the meet director.
To qualify to compete, you must:
2) Met the qualifying total for your division, age class, and weight class to compete since January 1st, 2019. These can be found HERE
*CPU 2022 Nationals will require a Regional Qualifying Total to Compete*
3) Meet any Provincial requirements such as volunteering or competing at your respective Provincial Championships. Provincial information can be found on your Provincial websites.
4) If you are a first time National athlete, you will need to have competed at a Regional Championship within the past 24 months to be eligible. *If Regionals are cancelled due to further Public Health Orders, this requirement will be waived for 2022*
5) Register here if all criteria are met: https://forms.gle/PQCC38irmHVGeW7T7
* CPU Referees can register to officiate here: https://forms.gle/cKEw8T7tYnEzvecr7
Below is the upcoming National Event calendar:
May 9 - 14, 2022
St. Johns, NFLD
Meet Director: 709 Powerlifting