REgional Championship Information
The CPU Regional Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships are 3 annual events that held in the CPU regions. Participants of these events move on to represent their provinces at the National Championships.
The next Regional Championships will be:
Nov 12-15, 2021
Meet Director: Gabe and Bette Festing
Nov 19-21, 2021
Meet Director: Linda Mcfeeters
October 28-30, 2021
Meet Director: John Smart and Jeff Butt
Requirements to compete at the 2021 CPU Regionals
No qualifying total is required for the 2021 Regionals
Have competed in at least one CPU or Member province sanctioned competition since Jan 1, 2018
Compete at a CPU Member Province competition before the Regional Championship entry deadline. Alternatively, if you have not completed before or since the above date, you must do the following to compete at this year's Regionals:
- Send a video of you performing each lift according to the IPF rules and following the respective commands to your provincial association no later than 4 weeks prior to the registration deadline. We recommend a bona fide attempt of 70-80% for your predicated one rep max.
- Send a photo(s) of all your IPF approved equipment that you intend on competing with at the Regionals Championships to your provincial association no later than 4 weeks prior to the registration deadline.
- Athletes will be contacted by their provincial association should be issue with any submitted videos or photos.
- Attend a virtual competition clinic provided by your provincial association which will go over rules, expectations and format of competition no later than 4 weeks prior to scheduled event.
- Purchase a CPU membership prior to registering for your Regional Championships.
- Register for your respective Regional Championships.
In the event that Regionals must be cancelled as a result of provincial health authority restrictions in your region, see below for National qualifying requirements.
Have met all provincial requirements to compete at a Regionals in 2021.